Monday, March 23, 2009

Aimless Surfing Gadget Update

I'm still waiting for Google to review my Aimless Surfing submission. In the mean time I'm making small tweaks and finding interesting results. I decided that having a default of 4 characters in the string was giving links that are too old. I switched the default to 5 in the code I have stored via the GGE widget. I was interested to see that my gadget didn't update automatically. However, the next day, the default was 5 and not 4. Clearly there is some caching going on. I need to see if there is a published update schedule somewhere.

This can make for interesting coding updates. You make your bug fix/update and users get the fix on their machine at some unknown future date.

No comments:

Post a Comment